Chelmsford: Fireworks put through letterbox of house
18:25 13 November 2012
Archant Norfolk Photographic Â© 2011
POLICE are appealing for information after a set of fireworks were place through a door of a Chelmsford house.
The two lit fireworks were place through the letterbox of a family house on Thames Avenue during the early hours of Sunday, November 11.
The carpet caught alight, causing approximately £300 worth of damage.
Investigating Officer, Pc Debbie Jelliss, said: “The family awoke on Sunday morning to find these two fireworks which had naturally extinguished themselves.
“This was a scary discovery and we are now trying to ascertain the motive behind such an act which could have caused the whole house to light up and put the family’s lives at risk.”
Anyone with information in connection with this act of criminal damage is urged to contact investigating officers at Chelmsford police station on 101.