Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 3°C

Search

Colchester: Woman in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

PUBLISHED: 06:58 13 June 2014 | UPDATED: 10:04 13 June 2014

Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester

Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester

Archant

A woman described as “elderly” was overcome by fumes after it is believed she breathed in carbon monoxide.

The incident happened in a house in Queen Mary Avenue, Colchester at around 4am.

An ambulance spokesman said: “She was taken to Colchester General for further assessment, although her condition wasn’t thought to be life threatening.”

Fire crews had also been called.

Earlier on at just after 8.20pm last night, firefighters were tasked to a home in Enid Way, Colchester.

A woman, believed to be in her 90s, suffered from shock after breathing in smoke coming from a kitchen fire.

The fire was out on arrival but firefighters administered oxygen to the woman before ambulance staff arrived.

An ambulance spokesman said the woman was left in the care of her family after suffering minor smoke inhalation.

Firefighters then cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Ipswich Star visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Ipswich Star staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Ipswich Star account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More checks have been carried out in Ipswich by police investigating the murder of a man earlier this year.

A high-profile former politician will bring plenty of pomp to a leading role in a spectacular family pantomime in Suffolk.

Posters have been put up in Ipswich calling for bus passengers to help in a police enquiry.

Suffolk firefighters have managed to put out a blaze which sparked in a shed in Rushmere St Andrew this evening.

A lifelong Ipswich Town fan is to jet off on a 1,000-mile round trip from Madrid to Portman Road and back again to make sure he sees his oldest son play in a cup final.

Work to restore the Broomhill lido in Ipswich are set to take a significant step forward as new operators Fusion Lifestyle put the final touches to their application for millions of pounds of National Lottery funding.

Broomhill pool was opened in 1938 and for 65 summers was a popular attraction for Ipswich swimmers – especially youngsters attracted their on hot days.

As the prospect of Suffolk losing a key slice of Constable country to Essex rears its head, the chief executive of the council under threat has intervened.

Two fire engines are currently at the scene of a fire in Rushmere St Andrew.

Suffolk’s tourism industry is facing a major headache ahead of the arrival of the Tour of Britain cycling race – but it’s the kind of problem businesses will relish.

Most read

Most commented

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Topic pages

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24