Colchester: Woman in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
PUBLISHED: 06:58 13 June 2014 | UPDATED: 10:04 13 June 2014
A woman described as “elderly” was overcome by fumes after it is believed she breathed in carbon monoxide.
The incident happened in a house in Queen Mary Avenue, Colchester at around 4am.
An ambulance spokesman said: “She was taken to Colchester General for further assessment, although her condition wasn’t thought to be life threatening.”
Fire crews had also been called.
Earlier on at just after 8.20pm last night, firefighters were tasked to a home in Enid Way, Colchester.
A woman, believed to be in her 90s, suffered from shock after breathing in smoke coming from a kitchen fire.
The fire was out on arrival but firefighters administered oxygen to the woman before ambulance staff arrived.
An ambulance spokesman said the woman was left in the care of her family after suffering minor smoke inhalation.
Firefighters then cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan.