Colchester: Dog rescued from smoke-filled house
PUBLISHED: 14:03 08 March 2014 | UPDATED: 14:03 08 March 2014
A dog was rescued by firefighters after the first floor of a terraced house was overcome with fire.
The incident happened in Beechwood Close, Colchester at around 12.30pm today.
Three fire crews attended and found the first floor of the property was filled with smoke.
While the occupants had managed to escape, firefighters had to rescue a pet dog from inside.
The fire had been put out within 15 minutes, with firefighters clearing the smoke away with a high-pressure fan.