FIREFIGHTERS were today scrambled to a kitchen fire in Colchester which was triggered by a dishwasher.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Two crews from Colchester were sent to the scene, in Causton Road, at 12.19am after a smoke detector alerted residents to the blaze.

A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said it is believed a dishwasher started the fire.

Firefighters used one hose reel to put out the blaze, which was extinguished by 12.47am.

Once the fire was out, a high pressure fan was used to clear the two storey property of smoke.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...
iwitness24 Your news is our news Facebook Like your local paper Twitter Join the conversation Ipswich Borough Council

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT