Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms

max temp: 24°C

min temp: 18°C

Search

Colchester: Woman in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

06:58 13 June 2014

Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester

Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester

Archant

A woman described as “elderly” was overcome by fumes after it is believed she breathed in carbon monoxide.

The incident happened in a house in Queen Mary Avenue, Colchester at around 4am.

An ambulance spokesman said: “She was taken to Colchester General for further assessment, although her condition wasn’t thought to be life threatening.”

Fire crews had also been called.

Earlier on at just after 8.20pm last night, firefighters were tasked to a home in Enid Way, Colchester.

A woman, believed to be in her 90s, suffered from shock after breathing in smoke coming from a kitchen fire.

The fire was out on arrival but firefighters administered oxygen to the woman before ambulance staff arrived.

An ambulance spokesman said the woman was left in the care of her family after suffering minor smoke inhalation.

Firefighters then cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Ipswich Star visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Ipswich Star staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Ipswich Star account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Marcus Evans

Brazilian police investigating allegations of Olympic ticket-touting have released emails between a senior Irish official and Ipswich Town Football Club owner Marcus Evans.

Tower Ramparts, Ipswich, as staff poured from William Prettys works in the mid 1890s

The site of one of Ipswich’s major employers until the 1980s - Willaim Pretty’s - is now a car park, writes David Kindred.

Andrew Bloomfield took this photo of Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service fighting the fire in the old Fisons building in Paper Mill Lane, Bramford.

A fire at the old Fisons building in Paper Mill Lane, Bramford, has been extinguished.

South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court

A rap-loving noisy neighbour has been taken to court for continually disturbing his Ipswich neighbours with his music.

Ben Gummer, left, at the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and EADT EU referendum debate at UCS in Ipswich

In the third of five three-minute interviews, Ipswich MP Ben Gummer reflects on the European Union referendum and what it means for the town.

Aldeburgh beach was packed with people enjoying the sun on Wednesday 24th August.
L-R Chris and Jane Linford,Jan and Ken Garratt.

With the school summer holidays drawing to an end East Anglia’s tourist hotspots are gearing up for bumper crowds looking to make the most of the bank holiday weekend.

Skye Biggs with her mum Lana Heath.

All little Skye Biggs, of Felixstowe, wants from life is a day devoted to her favourite TV character.

The winner of the Get Caught Reading competition was Amanda Williams who sent in a photo of her daughters Cahir and Eira sitting in lockers at Haverhill swimming pool.

Dozens of creative entries have been submitted into the Suffolk Libraries Get Caught Reading and Bookface competitions as a means to inspire readers.

Fire station in Princes Street, lpswich

One of two full-time appliances based at Princes Street in the town has left the station as part of the shake up of Suffolk’s fire services approved earlier this year.

St Elizabeth Hospice have revealed a new pig   Dr Trott and Nurse Honey-Cured

The Pigs Gone Wild trail has just days left to run but before we say Ta Ta Trotters, we want to know which is your favourite pig.

Most read

Most commented

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Topic pages

Streetlife

Newsletter Sign Up

MyDate24 MyPhotos24