Combs: Owners warned to keep watchful eye on pets after two cats were poisoned
PUBLISHED: 15:38 15 July 2014 | UPDATED: 16:32 15 July 2014
Upset villagers in Combs have warned people to keep an eye on their cats after two pets were poisoned.
The incidents took place in late April and early May with both animals having to be put down.
Angela Mudd-Vagg took her five-year-old cat Mikey to see a vet because his behaviour was out of character.
He was very sleepy, not eating, and dribbling from his mouth.
After being kept in overnight for testing Mrs Mudd-Vagg received a call to say Mikey was suffering from severe toxic poisoning.
Mrs Mudd-Vagg said: “The vet was very honest with me, I knew then it was hopeless but they said they would monitor him for 48-hours and see if he improved.
“My neighbours are angry and upset that there is a potential threat in the area, poisoning is a cruel way for cats to die.
“It has been a horrible time, especially with cats going missing as well.” Both the police and the RSPCA have been told about the incidents and they would welcome any information from people living in Combs about any suspicious activity.
Mrs Mudd-Vagg has created posters warning people and businesses about the danger that anti-freeze can pose to cats.