May 22 2013 Latest news:
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
FIVE fire crews were called out after a leaking chemical drum was discovered at a petrol station.
The incident at a petrol station on the A12 northbound at Feering, near Coggeshall, was reported at 2pm.
The 25 litre drum was being carried on the back of a trailer and one litre had spilt onto the forecourt area.
As a precaution the garage was evacuated and fire crews wearing breathing apparatus investigated the spillage and the chemical contained in the drum was Vinyl Toluene.
Sans was used to absorb the spill and fire crews made the area safe.
Crews dealt with the incident by 3.20pm.