Firefighters in Essex have extinguished a blaze in the ground floor toilets of a pub.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Crews from Sible Hedingham and Halstead were sent to the Bell Inn, in St James Street, Castle Hedingham, at about 5.25am today.

The fire was confined to the ground floor toilets and crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish it just after 6am.

The ground floor of the pub was heavily smoke logged and crews used a high pressure fan to ventilate the area.

The fire is thought to have been started accidentally by an electrical fault.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...
iwitness24 Your news is our news Facebook Like your local paper Twitter Join the conversation Ipswich Borough Council

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT