Great Bentley: Woman hospitalised after being burnt by petrol-fuelled bonfire

Friday, March 14, 2014
8:24 PM

People are being urged to stay safe around garden fires after a woman suffered burns to her face and arms this afternoon.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

The lady in her 30s sustained the injuries after petrol was poured onto a bonfire.

The ambulance service was called to the scene in Great Bentley at 1.16pm.

John Woolfenden, who attended the scene for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: “We treated a woman in her 30s who suffered superficial burns to her face, arms and hands.

“We administered pain relief at the scene and she was conveyed to Colchester General Hospital for further treatment.”

Anyone lighting a bonfire in their garden is advised to never use flammable liquids to get it going, check their are no animals or young children hiding inside immediately before lighting, not to burn dangerous materials such as aerosols or paint tins and remove any rubbish that could be thrown onto the fire from the surrounding area.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...
iwitness24 Your news is our news Facebook Like your local paper Twitter Join the conversation Ipswich Borough Council

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT