Great Blakenham: Fire crews extinguish blaze at landfill site
06:45 06 May 2014
Fire crews from Ipswich have extinguished a blaze at a landfill site overnight.
Two fire engines from Princes Street were sent to Masons Landfill Site on the Bramford Road in Great Blakenham around 12.41am where they found smoke issuing from a single storey gas-powered generator building.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus, one hosereel, one covering jet and two dry powder extinguishers as they tackled the flames and returned to base by 2.21am.