May 23 2013 Latest news:
Thursday, March 7, 2013
THE OCCUPANT of a home in Ipswich has been given oxygen therapy following a fire.
The fire service was called at 2.36pm to a house fire in Alderman Road. Two crews from Princes Street were mobilised and an ambulance was also requested to attend as the caller was coughing heavily from the smoke.
Crews discovered a fire in the cooker which was made safe and began giving oxygen therapy to the occupant until the ambulance service arrived.
Crews returned to their home station at 3.04pm.