By Matt Hunter
Friday, September 21, 2012
A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a building fire in Ipswich.
Fire crews were called just after 6.40pm to Morecambe Court.
Princes Street station sent two appliances to the scene and arrived by 6.50pm to find a small fire in a microwave oven.
Crews used breathing apparatus and one water fog.
A female occupant of the property suffered from smoke inhalation and was given oxygen.
The incident was under control by 7.10pm.
Fire crews also dealt with a fire in the open this evening in Ipswich.
Firefighters discovered the fire in a children’s playground in Gippeswyk Park at around 5.10pm.
Within a few minutes the fire was under control and crews left the scene just before 5.20pm.
The fire service are treating the incident as deliberate.