April 27 2015 Latest news:
Friday, February 14, 2014
Police are warning drivers to secure their vehicles and remove valuable items, after four insecure cars were entered in Ipswich.
The first incident happened in Cavendish Street between 10.30pm on Tuesday, February 11 and 6am on Wednesday, February 12. An amount of cash was stolen from within.
The following three incidents happened between 6pm on Wednesday, February 12 and 8am on Thursday, February 13. In Ancaster Road a sat nav was stolen, in Abbotsbury Close a car stereo and air compresser were stolen and in Almondhayes an iPhone 5 was stolen.
Anyone with information relating to these crimes is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101.
Drivers can take simple steps to reduce the chances of becoming a victim:
- Lock windows and doors whenever you park, even if you ‘nip’ into a shop, or are parked on your driveway at night.
- Don’t leave anything in your car - remove all temptations from view even including bags, clothes and tools as well as the usual sat nav, wallet and mobile phone.
- If you have a sat nav, remove it and the holder and wipe away the suction pad marks.
- If you have a garage at home use it.
- Security devices can help deter criminals such as steering wheel locks, immobilisers and alarms.