May 29 2015 Latest news:
Thursday, January 24, 2013
DETECTIVES have re-bailed a 26-year-old man from the Woodbridge area arrested in connection with the suspected murder of Luke Durbin.
The 19-year-old from Hollesley vanished after a night out in Ipswich in 2006.
The 26-year-old suspect was the second person to be arrested in June last year by officers from Suffolk Constabulary’s major investigation team.
He was detained on suspicion of being concerned in the murder of Mr Durbin, but bailed pending further enquiries.
The suspect returned to the Martlesham police investigation centre yesterday, where he was interviewed again by officers.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said he was then re-bailed for a second time. He must return again on March 20.
A 40-year-old man from Ipswich is also currently on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of Mr Durbin’s murder after being arrested at a house in Spring Road.
He has also been re-bailed on two occasions, and must return to the Martlesham police investigation centre on March 12.
Mr Durbin, of Hollesley, was reported missing to police by his mother on May 13, 2006.
The former Farlingaye High School pupil had gone out for the evening with friends on Thursday, May 11, 2006 in Ipswich and did not return home.
Extensive enquiries have taken place over the past six years and in 2010 the investigation was taken over by the major investigation team.
Searches have been made in various areas in Ipswich town centre, the woodland around Foxhall Stadium and beside railway lines. However, no trace of Mr Durbin has ever been found.
Over the last three years detectives have continually said they believe someone living locally holds the key to finding out what happened to him.