London Bridge terror attack: What we know so far
PUBLISHED: 08:11 04 June 2017 | UPDATED: 13:56 04 June 2017
Last night, three attackers were shot dead after a suspected terror incident in London Bridge and Borough Market. Here is what we know so far.
• 10.07pm - Ambulance services were called to reports of a vehicle ploughing through pedestrians on London Bridge, arriving within six minutes.
• 10.08pm - Police were also called to the scene.
• Officers then attended a second incident at nearby Borough Market after reports of stabbings.
• Within eight minutes, three male suspects were shot dead in Borough Market by police marksman.
• The men were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later found to be hoaxes.
• At least 48 patients were taken to five hospitals, London Ambulance Service said, with more than 80 medics having been sent to the scene.
• 12.25am on Sunday - Both incidents were declared by the Metropolitan Police as terror attacks.
• Shortly before 4am - Police confirm six people were killed in the rampage.
• A third incident at Vauxhall was a stabbing and unrelated, Scotland Yard said.
• Prime Minister Theresa May returns to Downing Street to receive further briefings from security officials.
• Prime Minister chairs a meeting of the Government’s Cobra emergency committee.
• 9.30am Sunday - Metropolitan Police confirms that the death roll has risen to seven
• Police confirm 12 people have been arrested after being detained in an armed raid in Barking, east London.