June 19 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
A Nacton man has been fined and forced to remove a mobile home from his land after being told to move it by planning chiefs in January.
Quinton Hembry of Kings Park House, Nacton, was fined £1,500 at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court today, despite pleading guilty to failing to obey an enforcement notice from Suffolk Coastal District Council.
The home was being used as residential accommodation without the council knowing and without consent. Hembry applied for planning permission to keep it in January last year – the application was refused in March last year.
Bob Snell, Chairman of the Development Control Committee, said: “I am pleased that the Court took such a firm line on this case as it sends a stark warning to others about the potential cost of failing to comply with this Council’s planning decisions.”