Police called to 19 thefts of power tools from vans in Suffolk in one week
PUBLISHED: 15:49 31 October 2017 | UPDATED: 17:37 31 October 2017
Police are investigating a spate of thefts from vans in Suffolk where power tools have been stolen in one week.
Since Monday, October 23, 19 incidents of theft or attempted thefts have taken place across 10 areas, with power tools having been targeted on each occasion.
The incidents happened in the following areas:
• Lowestoft (four incidents in Steeple View; Kilbourn Road; Honeysuckle Close; and Cranesbill Road)
• Carlton Colville (two incidents in Ridgeville; and Elmdale Road)
• Kessingland (two incidents, both in Church Road)
• Bungay (two incidents, in Throckmorton Road; and Waveney Road)
• Fressingfield (one incident in Victoria Terrace)
• Halesworth (two incidents in Allington Road; and Oak Way)
• Bramfield (one incident in The Street)
• Kelsale (two incidents in Main Road; and East View)
• Saxmundham (one incident in Saxon Road)
• Framlingham (two incidents in College Road; and De Vere Close)
A Suffolk police spokesman said officers are investigating the possibility that some or all of the incidents may be linked.
The tools stolen total in excess of £25,000 in value, according to the force spokesman.
In light of the thefts, police have issued safety advice to van owners urging them to keep their van locked at all times, removing tools at the end of the day if possible, and keeping valuables out of sight.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.