December 7 2013 Latest news:
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Firefighters who forced entry into a Stowmarket property found an unconscious person and a fire under the grill in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews from Stowmarket and Elmswell, who were alerted at 1.20am, arrived at the address in Gainsborough Road to find the lights on, the fire alarm sounding and the smell of burning. Unable to raise anyone inside they forced entry into the property and found a person unconscious.
An ambulance was requested, which arrived and dealt with the casualty, while the small grill fire extinguished itself.
The incident was reported as under control by 2am.
The health of the casualty is unclear at this moment, as is the reason why they were unconscious.