Woodbridge: Woman rescued by Shingle Street coastguard after trying to reach trapped pet
19:12 16 November 2012
A WOMAN was taken to hospital suffering from shock and hypothermia after she got into difficulties while trying to save her dog.
A coastguard crew and paramedics were sent to the lagoon at Shingle Street, near Woodbridge, following a call from a member of the public at about 3pm.
They found a distressed 50-year-old woman trying to free her pet from submerged barbed wire.
A team from Shingle Street brought the woman to shore where she was treated by paramedics before being taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The dog is not thought to be seriously injured.
A spokesman for the coastguard advised dog walkers to call for help rather than go into the water themselves.