February 11 2016 Latest news:
By Sian Trimble-Davey
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Football writer Sian Trimble-Davey takes a look at today’s hottest football rumours...
- Newcastle – It’s been reported that Newcastle’s Fabricio Coloccini is close to walking out on the Magpies and possibly football altogether. After a dispute over his request to return to South America, the centre-back has now told his bosses that he doesn’t want to play another match for the struggling side.
- Tottanham – Tottenham have been told to act upon their alleged interest in Hamburg’s Son Heung-min.
The striker, who refuses to renew his contract, has been priced at £10 million and the club want to sell him before his contract runs out in 18 months and he leaves on a free transfer.
- AC Milan – After bosses from AC and Manchester City tried to set straight rumours about Balotelli leaving City, it’s been reported that the Italian club has told City to lower their price for the striker or they won’t make a bid.
City are allegedly asking for €28 million (£23.5million) for the player they brought three years ago for €22 million (£18.5m) and vice president of the club Adriano Gallani has told the Gazzetta dello Sport that if the price on the self confessed Milan fan comes down he would fly over to Manchester asap.
- Celtic – Celtic striker Gary Hooper has been advised by former Celtic captain, Gary Caldwell that he should wait for the bids from Permier League clubs to improve rather signing for the first one to come along.
Celtic have rejected the revised £5 million bid from Norwich but manager Chris Hughton has threatened to turn his attention to QPR’s Jamie Mackie and his possible £3 million move to Carrow Road if they continue to make things difficult.
But Caldwell has told Hooper to wait until summer so he can take Celtic to the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time and take his pick of clubs.
- Swansea – Although Swansea have had success in the Capital One cup, they need to keep an eye on their best defender Ashley Williams.
The 28 year old appears to be a summer target for both Liverpool and Arsenal and although he signed a three year contract extension last October an £8 million bid could be enough
- Chelsea – Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is yet to break his record of spending no longer than three years at a club, but has admitted that he regrets not staying at Stamford Bridge for longer. This has fuelled speculation over who will be the next manager of The Blues. Though it sounds like he may have competition as papers are reporting that Roberto Di Matteo has been in constant contact with Chelsea owner Andre Vilas Boas in the hope that he will be asked to return to the job.
- Manchester United – United have found yet another Mexican to join their squad after signing Javier Hernandez in 2010.
The Red Devils have reportedly given Jurgen Damm a trial at Old Trafford Stadium, snapping him up from Spanish side Oviedo.
United have also been linked to Benifica defender Ezequiel Garay as Alex Ferguson tries to fix the back of the squad before Rio Ferdinand’s contract expired this summer.
(Daily mail & Marca)
- QPR – Harry Redknapp is seeking out defenders with Premier League experience to help his team out of its relegation battle.
Papers have reported that Redknapp is targeting Blackburn Rovers’ Scott Dann and Martin Olsson but may have to fight West Ham for Olsson’s £3 million signature while Dann will cost them around £4 million. (The Sports Campus)
- Arsenal – Now that the club have finally pinned down Theo Walcott to a new contract, they now turn their worry to their right-back Bacary Sangna.
The French defender mentioned how unsure he is about the length of time he will stay at the Emirates with Inter Milan and PSG reportedly interested in the £5 million player.