Can you still be foxy at 40?
SHE may be nearing 40, but former supermodel Claudia Schiffer looked as good as ever when she donned her wellies and headed to the Suffolk Show.And according to a new poll, she is one of a number of celebrities to approach their twilight years with the minimum of effort while still maintaining their youthful glamour.
SHE may be nearing 40, but former supermodel Claudia Schiffer looked as good as ever when she donned her wellies and headed to the Suffolk Show.
And according to a new poll, she is one of a number of celebrities to approach their twilight years with the minimum of effort while still maintaining their youthful glamour.
A survey of more than 36,000 music fans put Suffolk's resident stunner on a top ten list of women Britons would like to see strutting their stuff well into their 70s.
Aussie songstress Kylie Minogue, who has just turned 40, topped the poll, while Elle Macpherson, 44, and Liz Hurley, a sprightly 42, finished just behind.
The poll to find the most alluring oldie was conducted for a new 'celebrity barometer' xRank, which charts celebrities by the total number of daily web searches they receive.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 5 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 8 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 9 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
At the other end of the scale, 30 per cent of respondents thought Amy Winehouse should bow out of the public spotlight and retire, while 23pc claimed to be sick of the sight of former Atomic Kitten, Kerry Katona.
Paul Stoddart, Live Search UK senior product manager, said: “With so many celebrities reaching milestone birthdays this year, we wanted to get the public's opinion on who they think will still be on top of their game in years to come.”