The Leopard Inn in Ipswich stood in Crown Street.
Ale and hearty: David Kindred's new book Ipswich: Lost Inns, Taverns and Public Houses, published by Old Pond.
Bustling: The Barley Mow, in Westgate Street, Ipswich, at the junction with High Street. It closed in 1965 and was demolished. Photograph: Frederick Gilson.
Three cheers: The generations gather outside the Duke of Sussex during celebrations for the coronoation of King George VI in 1937. The pub, on the corner of Cumberland Street and Ann Street in Ipswich, closed in the late 1970s.
One closed, one not out: The Cricketers building is still there in Crown Street, Ipswich, but The Millers Arms is long gone. It closed in the summer of 1936. Photograph: Guy Maynard, Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service.
No bucking the trend: A photograph from the 1890s, showing The Running Buck on St Margaret's Plain, Ipswich. It closed in 1991.The gates of Christchurch Park are in the background. The pub occupied the site for about 300 years. It's certainly mentioned in the rates assessment of 1689. Photograph: Harry Walters
Final hours: The British Lion, in Princes Street, Ipswich, at the corner of Edgar Street, was due for demolition when this photograph was taken. The pub was shut and knocked down in 1972. Built on the site was the glass-clad Willis Faber insurance building, designed by Norman Foster.
Never far from a drink: In the late Victorian period there was a pub on each of the four corners of the Orwell Place/Upper Orwell Street junction in Ipswich. This is one of them, The Eclipse Inn, which closed in the early 1920s
Name still on the front: The Unicorn Hotel in Orwell Place, Ipswich, decorated here for Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee celebrations in 1897. the Unicorn Brewery was just round the corner in Foundation Street. Photograph: Harry Walters