Were you at Bandbox's Valentine party for youngsters in 2005?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Were you among the youngsters at the Lowbiza Valentine's party at the Bandbox in Felixstowe in 2005?
Our photographer went along to the fun event - and if you were there you might spot yourself in our Days Gone By gallery.
The event was organised as part of the Lowbiza youth initiative, arranged by a partnership including local authorities and police.
The aim was to provide a safe club scene for young people, so the party was alcohol-free and held earlier in the evening than usual nightclub events, to make it more accessible.
Our photos show the young teenagers dancing and really enjoying the atmosphere, as well as taking part in karaoke.
The Bandbox nightspot on Bent Hill was a popular place to be in the early and mid-2000s, and its events featured in the Evening Star's Caught Out column.
The Bandbox and Splitz bar were based in part of the former Grand Hotel, which dates back to the 1890s. The Grand bar and restaurant is now based in the part of the historic building, although it has had to close during lockdown.
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
- 8 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm