Shore thing! Spot yourself in beach photos from 1970s-90s
- Credit: Archant
Beautiful beaches are one of the glories of East Anglia.
Today we are looking back at some of our beaches over the years, with pictures of visitors relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere.
The summer of 1976 might be the one that everyone talks about, but, as our photos show, there was also glorious sunshine to enjoy during other summers, including 1978.
Our gallery shows some of the fun events and activities on Felixstowe beach over the years, including raft races and children's entertainment from the Salvation Army.
And there are memories of when Clacton beach was packed for a visit by the Radio 1 Roadshow in 1996.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, during coronavirus restrictions, we are currently all avoiding crowds like those shown here.
But many people will be looking forward to smaller, socially-distanced visits to the beach over the coming months - and hoping for some sun.
Do these photos bring back memories? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer