Getting on track - were you a cycle speedway rider?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Did you take part in cycle speedway around Suffolk over the years, or were you one of those cheering on the riders?
Our latest nostalgia gallery looks back at the popular sport during the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
Can you spot yourself or a friend or family member among the riders pictured here?
It's not known exactly when or how cycle speedway started, but the started to take off in the 1940s.
It quickly grew in popularity, with clubs being formed around the country, including many in Suffolk, with some riders going on to become speedway professionals.
You may also want to watch:
Our gallery includes Trimley Tigers and Leiston Aces line-ups, as well as events in Felixstowe and Ipswich and an awards ceremony in Woodbridge.
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order photos, visit our website or you can also call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Children's party reported at Needham Lake as council works to 'discourage gatherings' at beauty spot
- 2 Ipswich Town appoint Paul Cook as manager
- 3 Sentence of Ipswich man caught with indecent images is adjourned
- 4 Rise in Ipswich coronavirus cases 'a wake up call'
- 5 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 6 Vehicle slapped with 121 parking tickets as council steps up clamping
- 7 CCTV appeal after woman headbutted in convenience shop
- 8 Your chance to pay tribute to the ones we've loved and lost
- 9 Why these high schools are staggering pupils' return next week
- 10 Matchday Recap: Wilson and Norwood win it for Town