Did you tour Portman Road and see FA Cup at Ipswich Town open days?
- Credit: Archant
Did you go along to Ipswich Town open days in the 1970s and 80s?
If so, these photos of past events at the football club may bring back memories.
Our latest Days Gone By gallery recalls the open day in 1978, a unique occasion when fans were able to celebrate after the Blues had won the FA Cup.
Long queues of fans waited patiently at Portman Road to see the famous trophy and take photos of it.
And there are also photos from a memorable football fun day and open day 10 years on in 1988.
You may also want to watch:
ITFC legends Mick Mills, captain in 1978, and Roger Osborne, scorer of the famous Cup-winning goal, returned to take to the pitch for a football fun day.
Do you remember going along to these events, or other football open days at the club over the years?
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 5 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 6 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 7 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 8 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 9 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety
- 10 Ipswich nursery rated as 'outstanding' by inspectors