Can you spot yourself in these netball photos from the 1970s and 80s?
- Credit: Archant
Did you play netball in Ipswich or around Suffolk during the 1970s and 80s?
Or were you one of the parents and supporters cheering from the sidelines?
If either applies, you might spot a few familiar faces in today's Days Gone By gallery.
For many girls, netball lessons were a highpoint of their schooldays - but others will remember being the last one to be chosen for teams, and struggling to get a touch of the ball.
Netball started out as an adaptation of basketball, and was first played in the UK in 1895.
It became an increasingly popular women's sport from the early 20th century onwards, and it has been estimated that more than 280,000 people took part in netball in the UK during 2020.
The game was recognised by the International Olympic Committee in 1995, but hasn't actually been included in the Olympic Games as yet.
- 1 Heartbreak for owners as puppy Storm loses battle for life
- 2 New 60-acre logistics park set to create 1,500 new jobs
- 3 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 4 Suffolk man distributed indecent images of children on messaging app
- 5 Road changes outlined to make way for hundreds of new homes at resort
- 6 Tributes to Scout leader who was 'life of the party' after death aged 69
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 9 Plea to help owners of tiny puppy Storm with £8k vet's bills
- 10 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.