Memories of two country fairs - were you there?
- Credit: Archant
Do you remember these two fairs in Stowmarket?
Today we are looking back to a country fair at the Museum of East Anglian Life in 1979, where people of all ages went along to enjoy the fun.
And we also have photos of another event in the town in 1993, when a country music-themed festival and fun day was staged.
At the 1970s event, there were performances of old-style country dances.
The event also included a fairground with traditional rides, as well as a chance to climb aboard vintage tractors.
The 1993 event again featured dancing - this time a barn dance.
There was also the chance for youngsters to have fun with some inflatable hammers.
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 2 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 3 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 4 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 5 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 7 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich