Memories of two country fairs - were you there?
- Credit: Archant
Do you remember these two fairs in Stowmarket?
Today we are looking back to a country fair at the Museum of East Anglian Life in 1979, where people of all ages went along to enjoy the fun.
And we also have photos of another event in the town in 1993, when a country music-themed festival and fun day was staged.
At the 1970s event, there were performances of old-style country dances.
The event also included a fairground with traditional rides, as well as a chance to climb aboard vintage tractors.
The 1993 event again featured dancing - this time a barn dance.
There was also the chance for youngsters to have fun with some inflatable hammers.
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 3 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 4 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 8 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 9 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?