Bucket-and-spade fun - do you remember days out at the seaside?
- Credit: Archant
Holidays in the UK are hugely in demand at the moment - and today we're looking back at summer fun close to home over the years.
Long before the current "staycation boom" due to Covid 19, many people were enjoying all kinds of holiday activities on their doorsteps.
Suffolk and north Essex have an impressive choice of beaches to discover.
Our latest Days Gone By photo gallery features people relaxing and soaking up the sun on the sands and shingle at resorts including Felixstowe and Clacton, as well as enjoying seaside amusements.
Sandcastle competitions have often proved popular with youngsters, while an amber hunt at Southwold provided a more unusual seaside contest.
You may also want to watch:
Can you spot any familiar faces in these photos, and do they bring back memories of past summers?
To order copies of these photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 Town centre delays following accident
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 8 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 9 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?