Look inside the most expensive house on the market in the Ipswich area
- Credit: Peter Lambert
This gorgeous £1.5million period property comes complete with its own hard tennis court and cinema room.
Rushmere Lodge, being marketed by Savills, has seven bedrooms and is set in more than five acres of grounds, in the village of Rushmere St Andrew on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The grounds include a hard tennis court and triple garage, as well as a paddock.
The spacious and light-filled house has 6,850 sq ft of accommodation, including its own sitting/cinema room.
A porch set on Doric columns leads to the reception hall, study, while other downstairs rooms include a large dining room and fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room. There is also a utility, cloakroom, cellar and boiler room.
Upstairs, the landing has a central cupola with adjustable lighting. As well as the seven bedrooms, there are also two bathrooms and two shower rooms.
Property agent Tom Orford, from the residential sales team at Savills in Ipswich, said: “Rushmere Lodge is a stunning period house, discreetly set back from the street with delightful gardens and grounds.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 8 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
"You would never know that it existed from its hidden position. The extensive accommodation is set over two floors and I love the light-filled rooms and high ceilings the property has to offer.
"The stunning drawing room is particularly impressive, while the sitting room/cinema room and fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room are also of note.”
For more details, contact Savills in Ipswich on 01473 234800.