16th century farmhouse with adjoining cottage is for sale for £625,000
- Credit: Clarke & Simpson
A six-bedroom farmhouse dating back to the 16th century has come up for sale in the well-served Suffolk village of Fressingfield, near Eye.
Street Farm is being marketed by Clarke & Simpson for offers in excess of £625,000. It is Grade II listed, with 17th and 18th century additions, and described by the selling agents as a “charming” property, offering gorgeous rural views, extensive storage space and an attached but independent one-bedroom cottage, which the owners currently let out on a shorthold tenancy.
It would also work well as an annexe, perhaps for multi-generational families, or even incorporated into the main house as extra living space.
Throughout their time at Street Farm, the current owners have carried out an extensive programme of renovation and refurbishment. Their design expertise, along with their desire to really make the most of life in a countryside village, has encouraged them to bring the property back to life and create a comfortable and spacious family home, which benefits from nearby schools and a friendly community.
Its ground floor accommodation features an entrance hall, kitchen/breakfast room and three spacious reception rooms, including both the drawing room and dining room which each boast statement feature fireplaces and extensive beamed studwork. There is also a cloakroom and boot room on this floor.
The first floor master bedroom is a real highlight, featuring further beamed studwork and wide-boarded oak flooring, which has been recently fitted. The room itself is well-proportioned, with a cast-iron fireplace set into a tiled hearth acting as a main focal point. It benefits from a rear window overlooking neighbouring farmland and a bespoke fitted double wardrobe providing ample storage space. It also includes access to a good-sized en suite shower room fitted with underfloor heating.
Three further bedrooms can also be found on the first floor, as well as a family bathroom and shower room.
You may also want to watch:
At the very top of the house, in the ‘crow’s nest’, there are two further double bedrooms and an en suite shower room.
Outside, the property is approached by a gravel driveway, providing ample off-road parking for several vehicles, which sits in front of a fully powered double cart lodge featuring one open
bay and one closed bay.
The gardens themselves are mainly laid to lawn and fully enclosed at the rear by a combination of fencing and hedging. There is also an extensive decked area, with a barbecue and bar, and a red brick outbuilding, which could also be used as a home office.
- 1 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 2 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 3 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 4 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 5 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 6 Couple rescue woman stuck in mud with help from their dog
- 7 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 8 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 9 The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- 10 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
Contact Clarke & Simpson on 01728 724200 for more information.
Fressingfield, near Harleston
Price: OIEO £625,000
Clarke & Simpson, www.clarkeandsimpson.co.uk, 01728 724200