Watch video of gorgeous Ipswich cottage with stunning garden
- Credit: FENN WRIGHT
A beautifully designed cottage is currently on the market in Ipswich - could this be the house of your dreams?
This property is located on Hadleigh Road opposite Chantry Park.
It has two double bedrooms and is a semi-detached cottage with an asking price of £450,000.
This home is believed to have been around since the 1470’s and is set on 0.365 acres of land.
The residence is full of period character and charm throughout with its sash windows and ceiling beams.
The entrance door opens into a reception hall which has exposed ceiling timbers and stairs to the first floor with a cupboard underneath.
The sitting room has three dual aspect sash windows, exposed ceiling beams, timbers and an inset fireplace with a wood burner.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 10 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts
The hub of this home is the impressive open-plan kitchen/diner which has a vaulted ceiling with two Velux windows.
The kitchen area is equipped with a range of base units, wall cupboards, granite worktops and drawers.
Leading off from the kitchen/diner there is a small utility room and a cloakroom with a WC and basin.
The first floor has both double bedrooms and a bathroom. The master bedroom has a dual aspect outlook, exposed ceiling beams and built-in wardrobes. The upstairs bathroom has a bath, basin and a toilet.
When looking at the outside of the property there is a large parking area with gates which provide access to the side and rear garden.
The side garden has a patio area, lots of trees, flower-beds, shrubs, and an allotment with raised beds.
There is also a detached garage, further outbuildings, a greenhouse and a workshop on the land.