Motorcyclist pronounced dead at scene of collision involving van in Barham
- Credit: Archant
A young man has died after a three-vehicle crash in Suffolk today, police have said.
A Kawasaki motorcycle, a Toyota Hilux and a Ford Transit van were involved in a collision in Norwich Road, close to the Sandy Lane junction, in Barham at around 2.45pm.
Emergency crews including the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the scene but the “young man” who was riding the motorcycle at the time of the collision was pronounced dead, a police spokesman said.
The road has been closed while enquiries into the incident get under way.
The East of England Ambulance Service said it sent a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and two ambulances to the scene.
An ambulance spokesman said “there was nothing we could do” to save the motorcyclist.
A second male involved in the incident suffered a spinal injury not thought to the life-threatening and was taken to Ipswich Hospital as a “precautionary measure”, the ambulance spokesman added.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 3 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 4 Tributes paid to Ipswich man who could 'make magic happen'
- 5 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 8 New details of plans to convert Ipswich church into music venue revealed
- 9 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 10 Another heatwave on its way as temperatures set to soar in Suffolk
It is understood the next of kin have been informed.