Motorcyclist pronounced dead at scene of collision involving van in Barham
- Credit: Archant
A young man has died after a three-vehicle crash in Suffolk today, police have said.
A Kawasaki motorcycle, a Toyota Hilux and a Ford Transit van were involved in a collision in Norwich Road, close to the Sandy Lane junction, in Barham at around 2.45pm.
Emergency crews including the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the scene but the “young man” who was riding the motorcycle at the time of the collision was pronounced dead, a police spokesman said.
The road has been closed while enquiries into the incident get under way.
The East of England Ambulance Service said it sent a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and two ambulances to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesman said “there was nothing we could do” to save the motorcyclist.
A second male involved in the incident suffered a spinal injury not thought to the life-threatening and was taken to Ipswich Hospital as a “precautionary measure”, the ambulance spokesman added.
- 1 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
It is understood the next of kin have been informed.