10 Questions for power giant
AS Anger mounts about 24Seven's handling of the power crisis, The Evening Star is today asking the company 10 questions.Across East Anglia households and businesses have been left feeling powerless – in every way – following the storms on Sunday.
AS Anger mounts about 24Seven's handling of the power crisis, The Evening Star is today asking the company 10 questions.
Across East Anglia households and businesses have been left feeling powerless – in every way – following the storms on Sunday.
These are the questions we are sending them:
1, Why weren't there enough people to deal with phone queries?
2, Why was there no recorded message so people would know how long they would have to wait in their postcode area?
3, Why weren't staff at TXU/British Gas/NPower briefed on how long people would have to wait for customers who rang their numbers?
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
4, Why weren't private electricians called up to check whether faults would be easy to solve eg. by replacing a fuse?
5, Why was it not a priority to switch off live cables dangling dangerously in a Suffolk garden?
6, Will 24Seven be carrying out a full review of its procedures - especially with regard to customer information - in the light of the problems caused by the gales?
7, Will more cables be put underground where they will be safer from falling trees?
8, Will 24Seven be paying compensation to customers who lost power – and will they be telling people how to make a claim?
9, What is being done to make the network more robust?
10, Will 24Seven be surveying its network, to check whether trees are too near overhead wires etc?