Search

12-YEAR-OLD'S accused of sex assault

PUBLISHED: 12:50 19 October 2001 | UPDATED: 10:41 03 March 2010

TWO boys appeared at a youth court hearing at Ipswich Crown Court accused of encouraging an eight-year-old boy to engage in an indecent act with a 14-year-old girl.

TWO boys appeared at a youth court hearing at Ipswich Crown Court accused of encouraging an eight-year-old boy to engage in an indecent act with a 14-year-old girl.

The two boys (Boy A and Boy B) are both aged 12 and are both from Ipswich.

At the time of the incident, which took place on November 5 last year, they were both aged 11.

Both boys are accused of committing three offences.

Boy A is accused with two counts of indecent assault on the 14-year-old girl and inciting a child to commit gross indecency.

Boy B was accused of the indecent assault of the eight-year-old boy, inciting a child to commit gross indecency and the indecent assault on the 14-year old girl.

The court heard that a group of seven boys and a girl had been together before the incident and some of the boys had been playing football.

It was alleged that some of the group began to take part in a game of "truth, dare and double-dare".

Boy A said after he had performed a dare of ringing doorbells and then running off, the incident is alleged to have happened.

The eight-year-old boy is alleged to have wiggled his backside in the face of the 14-year-old girl and then he was dared by some of the group to take his trousers off.

Boy A said that the eight-year-old refused to take his trousers off but they had later been removed.

Both boys denied removing the trousers.

Boy A said that when the lewd incident took place, Boy B had his right hand on the eight-year-old's left shoulder with his left hand resting on the girl's head.

The eight-year-old was then encouraged to perform an indecent act.

It is thought that the eight-year-old boy was told he would receive some money if he agreed to the dare.

Michael Crimp, prosecuting, asked Boy A if he had offered the eight-year-old money.

He replied that he hadn't but had earlier confirmed to Boy B that he did have "a couple of pounds" on him.

Both Boy A and Boy B denied a third accusation of indecent assault.

Jude Durr, representing Boy B, said that magistrates must take into account the nature of the incident

"Is it an indecent situation or is it a childish game that has got out of hand?" he asked.

"It was clearly a game that involved some element of danger – either tell a truth or perform a dare. It is a grey area that any of the young people understood that any of the behaviour was indecent in nature."

Saqib Rauf, representing Boy A said that the role of his client in the incident was unclear.

Both boys were released on un-conditional bail until Monday, October 29 when magistrates will give their verdict on the case.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists