15-year-old arrested on suspicion of GBH after Ipswich teenager reportedly stabbed in the neck
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy from Ipswich is on police bail today after another teenager was reportedly stabbed in the neck.
Police have stressed the puncture wound sustained by the 17-year-old from Ipswich did not leave the youth in a serious condition.
The injury was described as minor although the 17-year-old was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
Paramedics were called to an address in Elton Park, near Hadleigh Road, Ipswich, after an incident occurred inside the property.
The alleged attack occurred around 10.30pm last Friday.
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said one officer and an ambulance were sent to the property shortly before 11pm.
The spokesman added: “A man in his late teens, was treated for minor injuries to his neck. He was taken to hospital for further care.”
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
Police have confirmed they arrested a 15-year-old in connection with the incident.
He was detained on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
After being interviewed by officers, the suspect was released until next month pending further enquiries.
Charlotte Parker, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The boy has been released on bail and is due to report to Martlesham police investigation centre on December 2.”