18-year-old withdraws rape claim
AN 18-year-old woman who told police she had been raped in Landseer Park, Ipswich has now withdrawn her claim.The woman had claimed she had been raped on Wednesday, February 5.
AN 18-year-old woman who told police she had been raped in Landseer Park, Ipswich has now withdrawn her claim.
The woman had claimed she had been raped on Wednesday, February 5.
Officers are now working with the appropriate organisations to ensure the woman receives ongoing support and care.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police reassured the public that "stranger rape" is a rare crime.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "People can feel safe both at home or about in the county, although sensible precautions should always be taken."
Personal safety leaflets are available from police stations, she added.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking