18-year-old withdraws rape claim
AN 18-year-old woman who told police she had been raped in Landseer Park, Ipswich has now withdrawn her claim.The woman had claimed she had been raped on Wednesday, February 5.
AN 18-year-old woman who told police she had been raped in Landseer Park, Ipswich has now withdrawn her claim.
The woman had claimed she had been raped on Wednesday, February 5.
Officers are now working with the appropriate organisations to ensure the woman receives ongoing support and care.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police reassured the public that "stranger rape" is a rare crime.
She said: "People can feel safe both at home or about in the county, although sensible precautions should always be taken."
Personal safety leaflets are available from police stations, she added.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard