200 jobs to go at Agilent
TECHNOLOGY giant Agilent today announced that 200 employees in Ipswich would lose their jobs.The plant on the Whitehouse Industrial estate will be put up for sale and the remaining 50 members of staff will move to a new location.
TECHNOLOGY giant Agilent today announced that 200 employees in Ipswich would lose their jobs.
The plant on the Whitehouse Industrial estate will be put up for sale and the remaining 50 members of staff will move to a new location.
However, a spokeswoman could not confirm if the new site would be in Ipswich and could only say that the location would be "local".
The decision was announced to members of staff this afternoon and poor financial results have been blamed.
You may also want to watch:
Financial results for the first half of the year had been lower than expected forcing the company to make redundancies.
Agilent is a global company and the Ipswich site will close to consolidate its Singapore branch which has "the capacity to do the job at a lower cost".
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 4 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 5 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 6 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 7 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 8 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 9 Did drinkers behave on first Friday night after Freedom Day?
- 10 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich