25 firefighters tackle house blaze
AROUND 25 firefighters tackled a blaze in a semi-detached house in Old London Road, Copdock.Five crews were sent to Elm House after a fire broke out in a utility room and spread to the ground and first floors.
AROUND 30 firefighters tackled a blaze in a semi-detached house in Old London Road, Copdock.
Five crews were sent to Elm House after a fire broke out in a utility room and spread to the ground and first floors.
They were alerted to the blaze at 9.45pm yesterday.
The adjoining property was also affected by smoke, as firefighters fought to contain the flames from spreading.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire Service said Elm House was left in an unsafe condition by the blaze.
Firefighters watched over the property during the night as a precaution, although the fire was put out by 11am.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing