50 firefighters tackle barn blazes
INVESTIGATIONS are beginning today into the cause of two large barn fires in Suffolk.More than 50 firefighters were involved in tackling the blazes last night and early today.
INVESTIGATIONS are beginning today into the cause of two large barn fires in Suffolk.
More than 50 firefighters were involved in tackling the blazes last night and early today.
Residents had to be evacuated from a barn conversion at Brook Farm in Elmsett Road, Flowton after fire broke out in a nearby barn at 2.52 this morning and 20 firefighters were called to the scene.
Last night at around 7pm fire also broke out in a barn at Hall Farm, Church Lane in Copdock. Around 30 firefighters tackled the blaze.
Gas cylinders and fertiliser were being kept in the barn and horses in a nearby stable had to be evacuated for fear that the fire would engulf other buildings.
Strong winds also hampered efforts of the firefighters because flames were being fanned over a large area causing an oil tank and a straw stack on the premises to ignite.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss