A day of family fun at Ipswich Waterfront in May 1994
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Waterfront came alive with bouncy castles, puppet shows, market stalls and a helicopter display in May 1994.
It was five years before it’s redevelopment in 1999, but by then the waterfront had already proved itself as a popular hub.
Hundreds of people turned out for the event, which included a demonstration by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution’s (RNLI’s) helicopter over the water to demonstrate how it is used by the charity.
Spectators took to canoes and rowing boats to watch while others lined the harbour side.
The waterfront itself was bustling with crowds, with other entertainment including Punch and Judy performances, small fairground rides and bouncy castles while market stalls lined the street.
You may also want to watch:
Rowing activities were also available in the water.
Can you spot yourself in one of these photographs? Do you remember heading along to the waterfront on the day?
To share your memories of the event or to send us your pictures, email us here.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing