A-levels gallery: Updated results from Ipswich and Felixstowe
RESULTS are in from sixth forms and colleges around Ipswich and the surrounding towns.
A number of sixth forms and colleges were open at 8.30am – including Suffolk New College, Northgate High School and Ipswich School for Girls – to dish out the news to nervous teenagers who are waiting to find out whether they have got the grades they need to get into their chosen university or secure a place in further training or work.
Others, including Chantry High School and Claydon and Thurleston’s joint sixth form, opened their doors at 10am.
Early indications show pupils in Ipswich, Felixstowe and Stowmarket have outperformed themselves with some of the best results the towns have ever seen.
But with clearing places filling up fast and an estimated 200,000 pupils across the country expected to miss out on their chosen university, the tension remains high as pupils make their journey to school or college today.
Results are in from the district’s schools:
Orwell High School, Felixstowe – 99% pass rate, with 56% getting A* to C
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
Deben High School, Felixstowe – 98% pass rate, with 63% getting A* to C
Copleston High School – 97% pass rate, with 69% getting A* to C
Kesgrave High School – 99% pass rate, with 80% of pupils scoring A* to C
Northgate High School – 97% pass rate, with 80% of students getting A* to C
Suffolk New College – 96% pass rate with 47% of pupils getting A* to B
Westbourne Sports College – 99% pass rate with three quarters of students getting A* to C grades
Ipswich School – all students pass exams with 93% winning to coveted A* to C
Ipswich High School for Girls – 100% pass rate with 95% of pupils getting C or above.
Chantry High School – 95% of students passed their exams with 64% getting A* to C
Claydon and Thurleston High School joint sixth form – 97% of pupils get A* to E grade with 55% clocking up a C or above
Royal Hospital School, Holbrook – 99.7% pass rate, with 85% getting A* to C grades
- Keep checking www.eveningstar.co.uk throughout the day for the latest updates on results and pictures from schools and colleges.
- Follow us on Twitter @eveningstar24 or #eveningstarresults.
- Are you picking up your results today? Do you have a story to share from your exams or results? Call the Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788.