A11 death: woman named
SUFFOLK police have named a woman killed at a blackspot junction in the countyBetty Upchurch, 73, who lived in Mildenhall, died after her car was involved in collision with another car at the Tuddenham crossing on the A11 on Sunday shortly after 5pm.
By James Fraser
Pic story page 12…..
A MOTORIST who had a lucky escape when his car ended upside down in a river is today in a "comfortable condition" in hospital.
Kevin Smith, 46, was driving on the A134 towards Colchester when his silver Mercedes left the road, crashed through a fence and plunged into the River Stour at Nayland.
Mr Smith was treated at the scene of the accident, which happened at about 6am yesterday, before being taken to Colchester General Hospital suffering from serious leg and chest injuries.
He underwent emergency surgery on his knee following the crash and remains at the same hospital today.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
Meanwhile Suffolk police have named a woman killed at a blackspot crossing in the county
Betty Upchurch, 73, who lived in Mildenhall, died after her car was involved in collision with another car at the Tuddenham crossing on the A11 on Sunday shortly after 5pm.
Three other people were hurt in the accident but none of their injuries are thought to be life-threatening.
The elderly victim died soon after being freed from the wreckage by firefighters.