A12 accident victim dies in hospital
A LOWESTOFT man has died in hospital after a two-car road accident on the A12 between Southwold and Wrentham.The 42-year-old was driving a blue VW Polo when it collided with a white Mercedes van at 5.
A LOWESTOFT man has died in hospital after a two-car road accident on the A12 between Southwold and Wrentham.
The 42-year-old was driving a blue VW Polo when it collided with a white Mercedes van at 5.30am in High Street, Wrentham, close to the junction of the B1127.
He died from his injuries mid afternoon in the James Paget Hospital after firefighters from Wrentham, Southwold and Lowestoft cut him from his Polo.
The driver of the Mercedes was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put up while police took close to 11 hours to clear oil spilt from one of the vehicles.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul