A12 accident victim dies in hospital
A LOWESTOFT man has died in hospital after a two-car road accident on the A12 between Southwold and Wrentham.The 42-year-old was driving a blue VW Polo when it collided with a white Mercedes van at 5.
A LOWESTOFT man has died in hospital after a two-car road accident on the A12 between Southwold and Wrentham.
The 42-year-old was driving a blue VW Polo when it collided with a white Mercedes van at 5.30am in High Street, Wrentham, close to the junction of the B1127.
He died from his injuries mid afternoon in the James Paget Hospital after firefighters from Wrentham, Southwold and Lowestoft cut him from his Polo.
The driver of the Mercedes was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Diversions were put up while police took close to 11 hours to clear oil spilt from one of the vehicles.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings