A12 accident victim dies in hospital
A LOWESTOFT man has died in hospital after a two-car road accident on the A12 between Southwold and Wrentham.The 42-year-old was driving a blue VW Polo when it collided with a white Mercedes van at 5.
A LOWESTOFT man has died in hospital after a two-car road accident on the A12 between Southwold and Wrentham.
The 42-year-old was driving a blue VW Polo when it collided with a white Mercedes van at 5.30am in High Street, Wrentham, close to the junction of the B1127.
He died from his injuries mid afternoon in the James Paget Hospital after firefighters from Wrentham, Southwold and Lowestoft cut him from his Polo.
The driver of the Mercedes was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put up while police took close to 11 hours to clear oil spilt from one of the vehicles.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 7 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 8 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head