Police search near Copdock Interchange for suspected illegal immigrants who escaped from lorry
- Credit: Archant
Police officers are searching the area around the Copdock Interchange after reports that six suspected illegal immigrants got out of a lorry.
Suffolk police were called to the area just before 2pm on Friday, November 30 after reports that six people had left a lorry which was travelling northbound on the A12.
A spokesman for the force said: “Officers attended the scene and are currently searching the nearby area.
“Immigration enforcement officials have also been notified.”
Police now believe that they may have located two people in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry, which had stopped in lane one initially, has now been moved to a layby.
More to follow.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today