Police search near Copdock Interchange for suspected illegal immigrants who escaped from lorry
- Credit: Archant
Police officers are searching the area around the Copdock Interchange after reports that six suspected illegal immigrants got out of a lorry.
Suffolk police were called to the area just before 2pm on Friday, November 30 after reports that six people had left a lorry which was travelling northbound on the A12.
A spokesman for the force said: “Officers attended the scene and are currently searching the nearby area.
“Immigration enforcement officials have also been notified.”
Police now believe that they may have located two people in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry, which had stopped in lane one initially, has now been moved to a layby.
More to follow.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths