Man dies following collision on A12
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man in his 40s has died following a serious road traffic collision in Frostenden.
Police were called at just after 8am on Thursday, March 4 to reports of a three-vehicle collision on the A12.
Ambulance and fire crews were also called to the incident, which involved a beige DAF lorry, a white Mercedes lorry and a black Audi A6.
The driver of the Mercedes lorry – a man aged in his 40s – died at the scene.
The A12 near the crossroads at Barnaby Green remained closed until around 4.45pm while a collision investigation was conducted and for recovery of all three vehicles to take place.
Any witnesses, or anyone driving in the area at around 8am with a dashcam in their vehicle, are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting reference CAD 54 of March 4.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 3 Stunning home worth nearly £1m nears completion at Felixstowe Ferry
- 4 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Suffolk police officers make television debut in Fast Justice programme
- 8 Man who 'bombarded' schoolgirl with sexually explicit messages spared jail
- 9 Pubs praised after first weekend opening post lockdown
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints