A12 lane closure cleared at Copdock after Land Rover towing trailer of turf overturned
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A12 was closed to traffic this morning after a four-wheel-drive vehicle towing a trailer of turf overturned.
The crash happened at about 5.20am on the northbound carriageway of the road, between Copdock and Washbrook.
Police said it involved a Land Rover Defender, which was towing a trailer loaded with turf.
The road was cleared and traffic began returning to normal by 7.45am.
Motorists faced tricky conditions this morning as early low cloud, mist and fog descended on the county.
You may also want to watch:
The volume of traffic heading to Suffolk Show site will be likely to cause some hold-ups this morning – particularly near the A12/A14 Seven Hills junction.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out