A12 reopens after car ends up on its side near Martlesham
- Credit: Leon Steed
The A12 near Martlesham has reopened after a collision left a car on its side - blocking one lane of traffic.
Police were called to scene of a two vehicle collision on A12 southbound just before 7.10am today (June 10) by ambulance crews.
The driver of the overturned vehicle sustained a cut to the head and was assessed at the scene by paramedics.
Three fire crews were also dispatched from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street to help assist at the scene.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue, said: "Crews used battery operated rescue equipment to create space around the casualty who was trapped."
You may also want to watch:
One lane was shut whilst emergency services dealt with the incident, but it has since reopened but delays are still being reported.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 6 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 7 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 8 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
- 10 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich