A12 reopens after car ends up on its side near Martlesham
- Credit: Leon Steed
The A12 near Martlesham has reopened after a collision left a car on its side - blocking one lane of traffic.
Police were called to scene of a two vehicle collision on A12 southbound just before 7.10am today (June 10) by ambulance crews.
The driver of the overturned vehicle sustained a cut to the head and was assessed at the scene by paramedics.
Three fire crews were also dispatched from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street to help assist at the scene.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue, said: "Crews used battery operated rescue equipment to create space around the casualty who was trapped."
You may also want to watch:
One lane was shut whilst emergency services dealt with the incident, but it has since reopened but delays are still being reported.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 5 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 9 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 10 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich