A12 reopens after car ends up on its side near Martlesham
- Credit: Leon Steed
The A12 near Martlesham has reopened after a collision left a car on its side - blocking one lane of traffic.
Police were called to scene of a two vehicle collision on A12 southbound just before 7.10am today (June 10) by ambulance crews.
The driver of the overturned vehicle sustained a cut to the head and was assessed at the scene by paramedics.
Three fire crews were also dispatched from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street to help assist at the scene.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue, said: "Crews used battery operated rescue equipment to create space around the casualty who was trapped."
You may also want to watch:
One lane was shut whilst emergency services dealt with the incident, but it has since reopened but delays are still being reported.
- 1 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
- 2 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 6 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Did you go to Ipswich's Festival of Wheels? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 9 Driver puts out car fire in A12 blaze
- 10 Revealed: Suffolk's most viewed homes for sale in July