Driver taken to hospital after A14 crash leaves one lane blocked
- Credit: Archant
One lane of the A14 is blocked after a car collided with the central reservation near Claydon.
The crash was reported to Suffolk police about 9am today, May 20, with reports that a car travelling eastbound on the A14 had collided with the central reservation.
At the scene the police found a Honda Jazz and closed one lane of the road, causing traffic to slow as far back as junction 51 at Coddenham.
According to a police spokesman the driver of the car was taken to hospital by the East of England Ambulance Service with an injury to their eye, which was not thought to be serious.
The ambulance service have been approached for comment.
You may also want to watch:
The lane of the A14 remains closed while police wait for a recovery vehicle to remove the car.
- 1 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 3 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 4 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 5 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 6 Go-ahead urged for 255-home first phase of massive new 'garden suburb'
- 7 Man fined after using woman's bank card at Ipswich kebab shop and taxi rank
- 8 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 9 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 10 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex