A14 reopens after van and trailer roll over at Claydon
- Credit: Su Anderson
A long stretch of the A14 near Claydon was completely closed this afternoon after a van and trailer rolled over blocking the eastbound carriageway.
Suffolk police were called to the scene just past the A14 eastbound on-slip at Claydon, junction 52, at around 12.50pm today, Thursday, June 22.
The vehicle and trailer were cleared from the road by 3.30pm, but the crash has caused long, residual delays in the area.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said no one was reported to have been injured during the collision, which involved a long wheelbase Mercedes.
A long stretch of the A14 heading east, from junction 52 at Claydon to junction 53 at Whitehouse, was closed to traffic at 1.20pm today.
You may also want to watch:
According to the AA, tailbacks stretched all the way to Needham Market with delays of up to 35 minutes.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood